Friday 9 August 2013

Friday 9th August 2013

This morning I was a little tired after yesterday's travels. The morning was taken up with my usual comms duties emails etc. After smoko I decided to make a new interface cable for the Quadra amplifier, this time using the proven Band - Data 2 connection but once again it still didn't work. The problem is the software is talking to the radio but not to the PC as the PC parallel port data pins are not changing state on a band change. So it's back to the drawing board. I will try and contact the software engineer who wrote the program DDUtil and see if he can help me out.

After lunch I decided to install the Q-Mac HF-90 radio into the blue Hagglunds. Should be a strait forward job and take no more than an hour, any way three hours later the Hag rolled out of the green store with a shiny new HF radio and me with little patents left and needing a beer. There was a great sunset going off as I walked up to the red shed.

Tonight was pizza night and a good night was had by all.


No comments:

Post a Comment