Saturday 16 November 2013

Saturday 16th November 2013

After doing ARPANSA I went down to the transmitter building to do the bias adjustments on my amplifiers new valve but discovered I hadn’t seated the valve correctly, so will have to wait another 24 hours now. I stripped down my Flex 5000 to try and get it operating. I tried bypassing a few things without any luck. The fault is either on the transmitter board, a logic fault or a software fault.

Unless it’s a software fault, there is no way I’m going to be able to fix it, so VK0JJJ is officially shut down and all the guys on 6m waiting to put Mawson in their log books will have to wait another thirty years. Disappointed, I went and had a spa. We had fish & chips for dinner tonight and later at Klub Katabatic an impromptu party broke out and it turned into a wild night.

No comments:

Post a Comment