Sunday 10 November 2013

Sunday 10th November 2013

Today the wind was blowing over fifty knots but still with a blue sky and the wind felt warm as the temperature had crept up to about minus three. I have to do ARPANSA every day now until I get Richard trained up. Chris used to do it on weekends as he knew I liked to sleep in, thanks Chris.

After doing the filter change I had an early lunch and then headed down to the transmitter building to see if the bands were any better today. Unfortunately they were pretty much the same as yesterday. I tried to put a call out and my transmitter was dead. I messed about for several hours to try and find out why but it was useless, for some reason the PA fold back circuitry was kicking in and preventing full power out. I even stripped down the rig and loaded the software again to no avail. If I can’t come up with a solution then my time on air is over and that would be very sad.


Radio VLV - Mawsons call sign. This sign came off the original old communications hut and is now pride of place in the Operations building radio communications room.

No comments:

Post a Comment