Friday 28 February 2014

Friday 28th February 2014

Today was minus ten degrees and the katabatic was blowing twenty two knots. Almost every day it’s getting colder and the days are getting shorter. I did a bit more preparing for cooking on Monday and some more job hunting. I worked on my annual report and I had to do audits on a lot of the equipment down here to include in the report. In the afternoon I did the geo-mag observations for this week and while I was there I thoroughly cleaned the building which probably hasn't been done since it was moved here from Heard Island in 1956.

After work I went down to the transmitter hut to see what was going on but there was a radio blackout so I thought I would check out the spa on the way back to the red shed and to my surprise it was still turned on so I jumped in and read my book for an hour. It was so relaxing and such a pity it will no doubt be my last spa.

Another solar halo today


No comments:

Post a Comment